It's December, a month that often includes some reflection on what has occurred over the past year, what changes are likely to take place in the next and how we should adapt to them.
Last month I shared an infographic on what the law firm of the future might look like. This month I'm sharing an infographic on the workplace of the future:
How do you think these workplace changes might affect the legal profession and how legal services will be provided?
- Will law firms turn to more open floor plans?
- Will more work be done standing up, either at standing or walking desks or workstations?
- Will more meetings be conducted remotely and more lawyers and support staff work from home, or will there be a push for the opposite - more in-person meetings and one-on-one connection as a reaction to the increase in online activity?
- Will lawyers use online collaboration tools at an increasing rate with clients and/or colleagues?
- Will increased flexibility lead to increased productivity or loss of firm identity?